Last updated on Apr 10, 2023
Summary: Montry, France is a charming and picturesque town located in the Loire Valley. Expats love the small-town atmosphere, the friendly locals, and the easy access to the nearby cities of Tours and Angers. The weather in Montry is mild, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-30s in the winter to the mid-70s in the summer (Fahrenheit). The average cost of living for an expat is estimated to be around $1,500 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $600 per month, while a two bedroom apartment is around $800 per month. The population of Montry is around 4,000 people.
What do I need to know about living in Montry?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Montry, they said:
"Expats considering retiring in Montry should be aware that the cost of living can be high compared to other places in the country. The language barrier should also be taken into consideration, as the primary language spoken in Montry is French. When moving to Montry it is important to research the availability of medical and emergency services, as access to these may not be as readily available as one may be used to. It would also be a good idea to familiarize oneself with the local culture and laws, as they may differ from the expat's home country," said one expat who made the move to Montry, France.
What do I need to know before moving to Montry?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Montry?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Montry?
- Will I be able to find a job in Montry?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Montry appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Montry?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Montry accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Montry like?
- How are healthcare services in Montry?
- What are medical services in Montry like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Montry?
- What are emergency services like in Montry?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Montry?
- How are local medical facilities in Montry?
- As a foreigner living in Montry, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?