Breda, The Netherlands
Last updated on May 02, 2023
Summary: People often describe Breda, Netherlands as a vibrant and friendly city with a rich cultural heritage. Expats love the city's laid-back atmosphere, its convenient location near the Dutch-Belgian border, and its easy access to the rest of the Netherlands. The weather in Breda is generally mild, with temperatures ranging from the mid-30s to the mid-60s Fahrenheit (0-20 Celsius). The average cost of living for an expat is estimated to be around $2,000 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment in Breda is around $1,000 per month, while a two bedroom apartment can cost up to $1,500 per month. The population of Breda is estimated to be around 180,000 people.
What do I need to know about living in Breda?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Breda, they said:
"Before retiring in Breda, expats should be aware that the cost of living is relatively high compared to other parts of the country. Additionally, the city is known for its vibrant nightlife and cultural attractions, so it is important to be aware of the local laws and regulations. Expats should also research the local healthcare system and make sure they have adequate health insurance coverage. Finally, it is important to familiarize oneself with the Dutch language, as English is not widely spoken in Breda," said one expat in Breda.
What do I need to know before moving to Breda?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Breda?
- How do I find a place to live in Breda?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Breda?
- What is the average cost of housing in Breda?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Breda?
- What should I pack when moving to Breda?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Breda?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Breda?
- What are healthcare services like in Breda?
- Is the cost of living in Breda high?
- Will I save money living in Breda?
- Why do people move to Breda?
- How are healthcare services in Breda?
- What are medical services in Breda like?