Panama City, Panama
Last updated on Oct 11, 2023
Summary: The population of Panama City, Panama is 1.8 million people. Panama City is a vibrant, modern city with a rich cultural heritage. Expats love the low cost of living, the warm weather, and the friendly people. The average temperature in Panama City is around 80°F (27°C). The average cost of living for an expat is around $1,500 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $500-$700 per month, and a two bedroom apartment is around $700-$1,000 per month.
What do I need to know about living in Panama City?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Panama City, they said:
"Before retiring in Panama City, expats should research the cost of living and the availability of healthcare services. It is also important to understand the local laws and regulations, as well as the cultural norms and expectations. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, as English is not widely spoken in Panama City. Finally, expats should consider the safety of the area and the availability of activities and amenities that suit their lifestyle," explained one expat living in Panama City, Panama.
"We see service dogs all the time here in Panama City in the malls, restaurants and bars. They accept them inside and some even offer them a water dish," said one expat in Panama.
What do I need to know before moving to Panama City?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Expat Guide to Panama City
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Panama City
- 7 Tips for Living in Panama City
- Pros & Cons of Living in Panama City
- Cost of Living in Panama City
- Essential Guide to the Health System in Panama City
- Discover the Best of Panama City
- Panama City, Panama
- International Schools in Panama City
- Best Places to Live in Panama City, Panama
- Cost of Living in Panama City, Panama
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Panama
- Best Places to Live in Panama
- Real Estate in Panama
- Retire in David Guide
- What It's Like Living in Panama City
- Pros and Cons of Living in Panama 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Panama
- More Advice about Retiring in Panama
- Members Talk about the Cost of Living in Panama