Puerto Armuelles, Panama
Last updated on Apr 21, 2023
Summary: The population of Puerto Armuelles, Panama is around 25,000 people. Puerto Armuelles is a small, laid-back beach town with a friendly atmosphere. Expats love the relaxed lifestyle, the low cost of living, and the beautiful beaches. The weather in Puerto Armuelles is typically warm and humid, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the mid-90s Fahrenheit. The average cost of living for an expat is relatively low. A one bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $200 to $400 USD per month, while a two bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $300 to $500 USD per month.
What do I need to know about living in Puerto Armuelles?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Puerto Armuelles, they said:
"Puerto Armuelles is a small coastal town in Panama that is popular with expats looking to retire. Before retiring in Puerto Armuelles, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in other parts of Panama. Expats should also research the local healthcare system and the availability of medical services. Additionally, expats should be aware of the local culture and customs, and be prepared to learn some Spanish. Finally, expats should research the local real estate market and the availability of rental properties," remarked one expat who made the move to Puerto Armuelles.
What do I need to know before moving to Puerto Armuelles?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Puerto Armuelles?
- How do I find a place to live in Puerto Armuelles?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Puerto Armuelles?
- What is the average cost of housing in Puerto Armuelles?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Puerto Armuelles?
- What should I pack when moving to Puerto Armuelles?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Puerto Armuelles?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Puerto Armuelles?
- What are healthcare services like in Puerto Armuelles?
- Is the cost of living in Puerto Armuelles high?
- Will I save money living in Puerto Armuelles?
- Why do people move to Puerto Armuelles?
- How are healthcare services Puerto Armuelles?
- What are medical services in Puerto Armuelles like?