Los Alcazares, Spain
Last updated on Jan 21, 2023
Summary: People describe Los Alcazares, Spain as a beautiful coastal town with a relaxed atmosphere and plenty of activities to enjoy. Expats love the warm climate, the friendly locals, the stunning beaches, and the abundance of outdoor activities. The weather in Los Alcazares is typically mild, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-70s Fahrenheit. The average cost of living for an expat is relatively low, with a one bedroom apartment costing around $400-$500 USD per month and a two bedroom apartment costing around $600-$700 USD per month. The approximate population of Los Alcazares is around 12,000 people.
What do I need to know before moving to Los Alcazares?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Los Alcazares, they said:
"Decide what you want from the area first,do not buy the house then see if it offers what you want, location location. I choose the area because of sailing, and then formed the S.A.M.M sailing assoiciation.Which is based in Los Alcazares and has now over 150 family members. We now have a number of groups with 8 share owned boats,and members with privately owned boats," explained one expat.
How do I find a place to live in Los Alcazares?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"I found an excellent mooring for my boat on the Mar Menor free of charge, then looked for a house with in 4-5 mins walk, heaven," said another person in Los Alcazares.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Los Alcazares?
"Two bed terrace house with double garage 300m from the sea. Most expats look for 2-3 bed apartments or detached/semi-detached houses. I advise when doing business go to Spanish companies and keep away from British companies in Spain whatever you are buying," added another person living in Los Alcazares.
What is the average cost of housing in Los Alcazares?
If you are thinking about moving to Los Alcazares, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing:
"Lower, though prices have risen they are not as high as the U.K. around 150- 300,000€," said another expat in Los Alcazares.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Los Alcazares?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Los Alcazares?
- What is the average cost of housing in Los Alcazares?
- How do I meet people in Los Alcazares?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Los Alcazares?
- What should I pack when moving to Los Alcazares?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Los Alcazares?
- Will I be able to find a job in Los Alcazares?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Los Alcazares?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Los Alcazares?
- What is the social scene like in Los Alcazares?
- What advice to expats in Los Alcazares have about housing?
- What are medical services in Los Alcazares like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Los Alcazares?
- Is the cost of living in Los Alcazares high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Los Alcazares?
- Why do people move to Los Alcazares?