Retire in Auckland, New Zealand
Last updated on Apr 22, 2023
Summary: Auckland, New Zealand is an attractive destination for retirees due to its mild climate, stunning natural beauty, and vibrant cultural scene. The average temperature in Auckland ranges from 50-70 degrees Fahrenheit (10-21 degrees Celsius) throughout the year, making it an ideal place to enjoy the outdoors. There are several retirement communities in Auckland, offering a range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and social activities. The cost of a nice two-bedroom home in Auckland is typically around $500,000 USD, while a nice three-bedroom home can cost around $700,000 USD.
What is it like to retire in Auckland?
"Auckland is a great place for retirees to enjoy their golden years. With its mild climate, stunning scenery, and vibrant culture, there is something for everyone. There is an active expat community in Auckland, with many retirees from all over the world. There are plenty of cultural attractions to explore, such as the Auckland War Memorial Museum, the Auckland Art Gallery, and the Auckland Zoo. There are also plenty of recreational activities to enjoy, such as golf, sailing, and hiking. For those looking for a bit of nightlife, there are plenty of bars, restaurants, and clubs to explore. With its diverse culture and stunning scenery, Auckland is a great place for retirees to enjoy their retirement," remarked one retiree in Auckland.
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Auckland?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Auckland?
- What is the average cost of housing in Auckland?
- How do I meet people in Auckland?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Auckland?
- What should I pack when moving to Auckland?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Auckland?
- Will I be able to find a job in Auckland?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Auckland?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Auckland?
- What is the social scene like in Auckland?
- What advice to expats in Auckland have about housing?
- What are medical services in Auckland like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Auckland?
- Is the cost of living in Auckland high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Auckland?
- Why do people move to Auckland?