Cost of Living in Porec, Croatia
Last updated on Jul 03, 2023
Summary: What is the cost of living in Porec, Croatia? Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Porec talk about the general living costs, the cost of housing and health insurance.
Is the cost of living in Porec high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Porec, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Porec is considered moderate. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in the city center can be quite affordable, while outside the city center, it can be even cheaper. The cost of utilities such as electricity, heating, cooling, water, and garbage is also relatively low. Groceries in Porec are reasonably priced, with local markets offering fresh produce at lower costs. Eating out at an inexpensive restaurant is also quite affordable, while a three-course meal for two people at a mid-range restaurant can be a bit more expensive. Public transportation in Porec is not expensive, but owning and maintaining a car can be costly due to high gasoline prices. Health care is generally affordable, but it can vary depending on whether you use public or private services. Overall, the cost of living in Porec is lower than in many Western European countries, but it is higher than in some other parts of Croatia. It's important to note that salaries in Porec are also generally lower than in Western Europe," explained one expat living in Porec.
Will I save money living in Porec?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Porec?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Porec?
- Will I be able to find a job in Porec?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Porec appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Porec?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Porec accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Porec like?
- How are healthcare services in Porec?
- What are medical services in Porec like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Porec?
- What are emergency services like in Porec?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Porec?
- How are local medical facilities in Porec?
- As a foreigner living in Porec, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?