What is life like as an expat in your area?
When we asked people living abroad what life is like in their areas and how people spend their time, they said...
"Life for expats and digital nomads in Colombo is generally quite pleasant. The city is a vibrant and bustling metropolis with plenty of activities to keep you entertained. The cost of living is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to stretch their budget. The city is also home to a diverse range of cultures, making it a great place to meet people from all over the world. The public transportation system is reliable and efficient, making it easy to get around the city. The climate is tropical, with temperatures ranging from hot and humid in the summer to mild and pleasant in the winter. Overall, Colombo is a great place for expats and digital nomads to live and work," remarked another expat who made the move to Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- What should I pack when moving to Colombo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Colombo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Colombo?
- What is life like in Colombo?
- What do expats in Colombo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Colombo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Colombo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Colombo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Colombo?
- What are medical services in Colombo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Colombo?
- What are emergency services like in Colombo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Colombo?
- How are local medical facilities in Colombo?
- As a foreigner living in Colombo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is life like as an expat in your area?If you live in Colombo, newcomers to Colombo would love to hear your answer to this question.