What are medical services in Almaty like?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Almaty, they replied...
"Medical services in Almaty, are a mix of public and private healthcare facilities. The city has several hospitals, clinics, and medical centers that offer a range of services, including general medicine, surgery, and specialized care. Public hospitals are often crowded and may have outdated equipment, while private clinics tend to have more modern facilities and English-speaking staff. It is recommended for foreigners to have comprehensive medical insurance and to seek treatment at private healthcare facilities for better quality care. Pharmacies are widely available, but it is advisable to bring any necessary prescription medications from home, as some medications may not be available or may be of different quality. Emergency services are available, but response times may be slow, and ambulance staff may not speak English," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- What do I need to know before retiring in Almaty?
- What do I need to know before moving to Almaty?
- How do I find a place to live in Almaty?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Almaty?
- What is the average cost of housing in Almaty?
- How do I meet people in Almaty?
- What should I pack when moving to Almaty?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Almaty?
- Will I be able to find a job in Almaty?
- What is life like in Almaty?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Almaty?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Almaty?
- What is the social scene like in Almaty?
- What advice to expats in Almaty have about housing?
- What are medical services in Almaty like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Almaty?
- Is the cost of living in Almaty high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Almaty?
- Why do people move to Almaty?
What are medical services in Almaty like?If you live in Almaty, newcomers to Almaty would love to hear your answer to this question: