Expats' Guide to Almaty
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Almaty.
Culture Shock in Almaty, Kazakhstan
A teacher from South Africa decided to move to Almaty after experiencing significant culture shock while living in Semipalatinsk. He share why he enjoys life in Almaty.
Member Reports about Living In Almaty
An in-depth look at Almaty, Kazakhstan - international schools, hospitals, residency and visa requirements, recreational activities and more.
Retirees in Almaty talk about life in Almaty.
Questions & Answers:
- What do I need to know before moving to Almaty?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Almaty?
- What is the average cost of housing in Almaty?
- How do I meet people in Almaty?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Almaty?
- What should I pack when moving to Almaty?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Almaty?
- Will I be able to find a job in Almaty?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Almaty?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Almaty?
- What is the social scene like in Almaty?
- What advice to expats in Almaty have about housing?
- What are medical services in Almaty like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Almaty?
- Is the cost of living in Almaty high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Almaty?
- Why do people move to Almaty?