An Expat Talks about Living in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
What is the name of the city or town that you are reporting on?
Describe how you "dreamed" expat life would be before you moved overseas. Please provide as much detail as possible.
I expected that my relocation to Central America would not be easy and that it would take time to adjust.
How has your expat experience met the expectations you dreamed about before you moved abroad?
I have had many new experiences that have helped me to develop a more profound perspective about the world outside of my home country and I would never have had this opportunity had I not ventured. The educational experience exceeded far more than I could have ever obtained from an educational institution.
How has your expat experience NOT met the expectations you dreamed about before you moved abroad?
The difficulties of interacting with foreign cultures and their expectations from a US citizen has been a constant issue.
- Expat Guide to Lake Atitlan
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Lake Atitlan
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Guatemala
- Best Places to Live in Guatemala
- Real Estate in Guatemala
- 15 Best Beach Towns in Central America
- What It's Like Living in Lake Atitlan
- Pros and Cons of Living in Guatemala 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Guatemala