Explore Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Expats share what it's like living in Chiang Mai and why they move there. With its large expat community of missionaries, retirees, expat families and teachers, Chiang Mai is attractive for many reasons: its size, friendly people, low cost of living and good healthcare.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Chiang Mai
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Chiang Mai.
Talk with other digital nomads and expats in Chiang Mai on our Chiang Mai forum - meet people, get advice and help others.
Expats in Chiang Mai talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Chiang Mai.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Chiang Mai.
Cost of Living in Chiang Mai
If you're moving to Chiang Mai, understanding the the cost of living in Chiang Mai helps you know what to expect when it comes to apartment or house hunting, grocery shopping, transportation, dining out, utilities and more.
Navigate Health Care in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Dive into healthcare resources for expats and digital nomads in Chiang Mai: identify leading healthcare providers, hospitals, and medical centers for optimal care.
Discovering the Best of Chiang Mai, Thailand
Our Guide to Chiang Mai: Top Attractions, Culinary Hotspots, Nightlife, and More. Plus, Tips on Making Connections with the Locals and Finding Fun Recreational Activities
International Schools in Chiang Mai
If you're moving to Chiang Mai with kids, here's are some of the best international schools according to expats.
Living Abroad: Digital Nomads in Chiang Mai, Thailand
The number of people interested in becoming a digital nomad continues to grow, and Chiang Mai is considered by many to be one of the top destinations in the World. Find out why this city in Northern Thailand is so alluring to digital nomads throughout the world.
Expats in Chiang Mai talk about healthcare in Chiang Mai.
Knowing which hospital you would go to should a medical emergency arise while living in Thailand is important. This information is provided (but not endorsed) by expats and the US Embassy in Thailand.
An expat in Chiang Mai advises newcomers to know their local doctors, dentists and hospitals. He also says that medical care and medicines are not expensive.
Expats in Chiang Mai offer advice about Moving to Chiang Mai.
Retirees in Chiang Mai talk about life in Chiang Mai.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Chiang Mai.
Questions & Answers:
- What do I need to know before moving to Chiang Mai?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Chiang Mai?
- What is the average cost of housing in Chiang Mai?
- How do I meet people in Chiang Mai?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Chiang Mai?
- What should I pack when moving to Chiang Mai?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Chiang Mai?
- Will I be able to find a job in Chiang Mai?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Chiang Mai?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Chiang Mai?
- What is the social scene like in Chiang Mai?
- What advice to expats in Chiang Mai have about housing?
- What are medical services in Chiang Mai like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Chiang Mai?
- Is the cost of living in Chiang Mai high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Chiang Mai?
- Why do people move to Chiang Mai?