Explore Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Expats share what it's like living in Chiang Mai and why they move there. With its large expat community of missionaries, retirees, expat families and teachers, Chiang Mai is attractive for many reasons: its size, friendly people, low cost of living and good healthcare.
2023 Expat Guide to Living in Chiang Mai
Expats, digital nomads & retirees talk about what it's like living in Chiang Mai.
Talk with other digital nomads and expats in Chiang Mai on our Chiang Mai forum - meet people, get advice and help others.
Expats in Chiang Mai talk about the Pros & Cons of Living in Chiang Mai.
Expats offer insight into the cost of living in Chiang Mai.
Culture Shock in Chiang Mai, Thailand
An American expat who moved from Hong Kong to Chiang Mai talks about how she underestimated the how much culture shock she would experience in Chiang Mai. She loves the welcoming Thai people, low cost of living, affordable medical care, respect for elders, Thai food and more. However, she explains that Thai culture is very complex and it's easy to make social mistakes.
More Reports about Culture Shock in Chiang Mai
Living In Chiang Mai, Thailand
Expats in Chiang Mai find a complicated city that has many unexpected aspects to navigate. Here is a brief overview of this beautiful city in Thailand.
More Reports about Living In Chiang Mai
International Schools in Chiang Mai
If you're moving to Chiang Mai with kids, here's are some of the best international schools according to expats.
Living Abroad: Digital Nomads in Chiang Mai, Thailand
The number of people interested in becoming a digital nomad continues to grow, and Chiang Mai is considered by many to be one of the top destinations in the World. Find out why this city in Northern Thailand is so alluring to digital nomads throughout the world.
Expats in Chiang Mai talk about healthcare in Chiang Mai.
Knowing which hospital you would go to should a medical emergency arise while living in Thailand is important. This information is provided (but not endorsed) by expats and the US Embassy in Thailand.
An expat in Chiang Mai advises newcomers to know their local doctors, dentists and hospitals. He also says that medical care and medicines are not expensive.
Expats in Chiang Mai offer advice about Moving to Chiang Mai.
Member Reports about Moving to Chiang Mai
Retirees in Chiang Mai talk about life in Chiang Mai.
Expats offer advice about Buying & Renting Homes in Chiang Mai.
Questions & Answers:
- What do I need to know before moving to Chiang Mai?
- How do I find a place to live in Chiang Mai?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Chiang Mai?
- What is the average cost of housing in Chiang Mai?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Chiang Mai?
- What should I pack when moving to Chiang Mai?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Chiang Mai?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Chiang Mai?
- What are healthcare services like in Chiang Mai?
- Is the cost of living in Chiang Mai high?
- Will I save money living in Chiang Mai?
- Why do people move to Chiang Mai?
- How are healthcare services Chiang Mai?
- What are medical services in Chiang Mai like?