Moving to Ecuador
Last updated on Aug 22, 2023
Summary: Many expats and digital nomads move to Ecuador due to its low cost of living, beautiful scenery, and friendly people. People can find a place to live in Ecuador by searching online for rental properties, or by asking around in the local community. The most popular cities for expats and digital nomads in Ecuador are Quito, Cuenca, and Salinas. These cities offer a variety of amenities, as well as a vibrant expat community.
What do I need to know before moving to Ecuador?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Ecuador, they said:
"Take your time to look around and if you find something that just jumps out at you take it. You will know if it feels right. Don't wait as if you do when you go back it will probably be gone. If you are looking and coming back to live here at a later date you can always rent it out to other expats. Rentals are in short demand for expats here in Cuenca," explained one expat living in Cuenca, Ecuador.
How do I find a place to live in Ecuador?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Ecuador Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Ecuador
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Ecuador
- Best Places to Live in Ecuador
- Real Estate in Ecuador
- Guide to Real Estate in Ecuador
- Pros & Cons of Living in Ecuador
- Cost of Living in Ecuador
- Retire in Guayaquil Guide
- Retire in Cuenca Guide
- 10 Things to Know Before Moving to Ecuador
- How to Buy a Home in Ecuador
- 2023 Guide to Living in Ecuador
- Pros and Cons of Living in Ecuador 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Ecuador