15 Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Martinique
Last updated on Apr 13, 2023
Summary: The quality of medical care in Martinique is generally considered to be good, though it may not be as advanced as in the US. Emergency services are available and can be accessed by calling 15, the local emergency number. Ambulances are available and can be called for in the same way.
How are healthcare services Martinique?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Martinique, they replied:
"Healthcare services in Martinique are provided by the public healthcare system, which is managed by the French government. The quality of public healthcare in Martinique is generally good, with a wide range of services available, including primary care, specialist care, and hospital services. Foreign residents have access to the public healthcare system, although they may need to pay for some services. Expats in Martinique can use the public healthcare system, but they may need to pay for some services. Expats can also purchase private health insurance to cover any additional costs," wrote an expat living in Martinique.
What are medical services in Martinique like?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Martinique?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Martinique?
- Will I be able to find a job in Martinique?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Martinique appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Martinique?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Martinique accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Martinique like?
- How are healthcare services in Martinique?
- What are medical services in Martinique like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Martinique?
- What are emergency services like in Martinique?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Martinique?
- How are local medical facilities in Martinique?
- As a foreigner living in Martinique, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?