Pros and Cons of Living in Bangladesh
Last updated on May 13, 2023
Summary: The pros of living in Bangladesh include access to a wide variety of cultural experiences, a low cost of living, and a vibrant and diverse population. Additionally, Bangladesh is home to some of the world's most beautiful natural landscapes, including the Sundarbans mangrove forest and the Chittagong Hill Tracts. On the other hand, the cons of living in Bangladesh include a lack of infrastructure, high levels of poverty, and a lack of access to basic services such as healthcare and education. Additionally, Bangladesh is prone to natural disasters such as floods and cyclones, which can cause significant damage to infrastructure and property.
What are the pros and cons of living in Bangladesh?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Bangladesh responded:
"Expats and digital nomads living in Bangladesh often appreciate the country's rich culture and friendly people. They also enjoy the low cost of living, which allows them to stretch their budget further. On the other hand, some expats and digital nomads may find the lack of reliable internet access and infrastructure to be a challenge. Additionally, the hot and humid climate can be difficult to adjust to for some," said one expat in Bangladesh.
What do expats in Bangladesh appreciate most about the local culture?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Bangladesh?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Bangladesh?
- Will I be able to find a job in Bangladesh?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Bangladesh appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Bangladesh?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Bangladesh accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Bangladesh like?
- How are healthcare services in Bangladesh?
- What are medical services in Bangladesh like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Bangladesh?
- What are emergency services like in Bangladesh?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Bangladesh?
- How are local medical facilities in Bangladesh?
- As a foreigner living in Bangladesh, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?