Cost of Living in Libya
Last updated on Apr 12, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Libya is relatively low compared to other countries. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Libya can cost around $400 to $500 per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost around $600 to $700 per month. Dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Libya can cost around $10 to $15 per person.
Is the cost of living in Libya high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Libya, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Libya is generally low compared to other countries. Prices for basic necessities such as food, clothing, and housing are relatively inexpensive. However, due to the ongoing political and economic instability, the cost of living can vary significantly from one region to another. Additionally, the cost of imported goods is often higher than in other countries due to the limited availability of foreign currency," said one person in Libya.
Will I save money living in Libya?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Libya?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Libya?
- Will I be able to find a job in Libya?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Libya appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Libya?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Libya accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Libya like?
- How are healthcare services Libya?
- What are medical services in Libya like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Libya?
- What are emergency services like in Libya?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Libya?
- How are local medical facilities in Libya?
- As a foreigner living in Libya, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?