Cost of Living in Luxembourg
Last updated on Mar 08, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Luxembourg is generally high, with prices for goods and services being comparable to those in other major European cities. The average cost of a nice 1 bedroom apartment in Luxembourg is around $1,500 per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost up to $2,500 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Luxembourg is around $30 per person.
Is the cost of living in Luxembourg high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Luxembourg, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Luxembourg is generally high, with prices for basic goods and services being comparable to those in other European countries. Housing costs are particularly high, with rental prices for apartments in the city centre being among the highest in Europe. Groceries and other everyday items are also expensive, although the cost of eating out is relatively low. Transportation costs are also high, with public transport tickets being relatively expensive," remarked one expat in Luxembourg.
Will I save money living in Luxembourg?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Luxembourg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Luxembourg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Luxembourg?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Luxembourg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Luxembourg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Luxembourg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Luxembourg like?
- How are healthcare services in Luxembourg?
- What are medical services in Luxembourg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Luxembourg?
- What are emergency services like in Luxembourg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Luxembourg?
- How are local medical facilities in Luxembourg?
- As a foreigner living in Luxembourg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?