Real Estate in Fiji
Last updated on Nov 27, 2021
Summary: Expats and retirees talk about real estate in Fiji? How do you find a home in Fiji? Should you buy or rent? What is the cost of housing?
How do I find a place to live in Fiji?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"Luckily through a friend we got onto a Fijian couple and we rented their kit home on 2 acres - we could not find anything on the internet for the area we wanted to live which was around the Sigatoka area," said another expat in Sigatoka Valley.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Fiji?
"It was a kit home brought over from Australia. No expats in the area at all, we actually lived in a fijian village and were the only white people in the valley," explained one expat living in Sigatoka Valley, Fiji.
What is the average cost of housing in Fiji?
If you are thinking about moving to Fiji, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing:
"Costs were lower. Our rent was good, markets provided our fruit and vegies. The real cost was buying red meat and getting good quality meat. Got to know our butcher who informed me Thursday was good meat day ! Laws dont allow us to buy housing in Fiji," said another expat in Sigatoka Valley.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Fiji?
- How do I find a place to live in Fiji?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Fiji?
- What is the average cost of housing in Fiji?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Fiji?
- What should I pack when moving to Fiji?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Fiji?
- Why do people move to Fiji?
- How are healthcare services Fiji?
- What are medical services in Fiji like?
- What are typical rents in Fiji?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?