Last updated on Apr 21, 2023
Summary: The approximate population of Curitiba, Brazil is 1,879,355 people. People describe Curitiba as a vibrant city with a strong economy, a great quality of life, and a rich cultural heritage. Expats love living in Curitiba for its excellent public transportation system, its vibrant nightlife, and its proximity to the beach. The weather in Curitiba is generally mild, with temperatures ranging from an average low of 57°F (14°C) in the winter to an average high of 79°F (26°C) in the summer. The average cost of living in Curitiba for an expat is around $1,500 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $500 per month, and the cost of a two bedroom apartment is around $700 per month.
What do I need to know about living in Curitiba?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Curitiba, they said:
"Before retiring in Curitiba, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in other major cities in Brazil. They should also research the availability of healthcare services and the quality of the local infrastructure. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs, as well as the language, to ensure a smooth transition. Finally, expats should consider the climate in Curitiba, which is generally mild and humid, and the local job market, which may be limited," explained one expat living in Curitiba, Brazil.
What do I need to know before moving to Curitiba?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What should I pack when moving to Curitiba?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Curitiba?
- Will I be able to find a job in Curitiba?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Curitiba appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Curitiba?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Curitiba accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Curitiba like?
- How are healthcare services Curitiba?
- What are medical services in Curitiba like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Curitiba?
- What are emergency services like in Curitiba?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Curitiba?
- How are local medical facilities in Curitiba?
- As a foreigner living in Curitiba, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?