Tel Aviv, Israel
Last updated on Apr 22, 2023
Summary: People often describe Tel Aviv, Israel as a vibrant, modern city with a unique mix of old and new. Expats love the city's diverse culture, its Mediterranean climate, and its vibrant nightlife. The weather in Tel Aviv is typically mild, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit. The cost of living for an expat in Tel Aviv is relatively high, with an average monthly cost of around $2,000. The cost of a one bedroom apartment in Tel Aviv is typically around $1,500 per month, while a two bedroom apartment can cost up to $2,500 per month. The population of Tel Aviv is approximately 431,000 people.
What do I need to know about living in Tel Aviv?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Tel Aviv, they said:
"Before retiring in Tel Aviv, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, Hebrew. It is also important to research the cost of living in Tel Aviv, as it is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Additionally, expats should be aware of the local laws and regulations, as well as the visa requirements for living in Israel. It is also important to research the healthcare system in Tel Aviv, as well as the availability of public transportation. Finally, expats should be aware of the cultural norms and customs in Tel Aviv, as well as the local climate and weather," wrote one member in Tel Aviv.
What do I need to know before moving to Tel Aviv?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Tel Aviv?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Tel Aviv?
- Will I be able to find a job in Tel Aviv?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Tel Aviv appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Tel Aviv?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Tel Aviv accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Tel Aviv like?
- How are healthcare services in Tel Aviv?
- What are medical services in Tel Aviv like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Tel Aviv?
- What are emergency services like in Tel Aviv?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Tel Aviv?
- How are local medical facilities in Tel Aviv?
- As a foreigner living in Tel Aviv, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?