What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Vienna?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Vienna about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"1. Look into asking for Austrian health insurance for yourself and your baby, so that you are sufficiently covered for medical care. 2. Contact the embassy or foreign ministry in Vienna to learn about what documents you need to register your baby's birth. 3. Find out about the regulations for parental leave in Austria and make sure that you understand what rights and benefits you are entitled to as a parent. 4. Take advantage of the wealth of child-friendly recreational activities available in Vienna- parks, museums, zoos, playgrounds, and libraries all make great baby outing destinations. 5. Get to know other expat families with young children so that your family can enjoy a sense of community and support. 6. Ask locals and expats alike for advice on the best hospitals and doctors in the city. 7. Sign up for packages or gift baskets with baby products, as Vienna has a variety of such services available," said a member in Vienna, Austria, Austria.
- What should I pack when moving to Vienna?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Vienna?
- Will I be able to find a job in Vienna?
- What is life like in Vienna?
- What do expats in Vienna appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Vienna?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Vienna accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Vienna like?
- What are healthcare services like in Vienna?
- What are medical services in Vienna like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Vienna?
- What are emergency services like in Vienna?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Vienna?
- How are local medical facilities in Vienna?
- As a foreigner living in Vienna, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Vienna?If you live in Vienna, newcomers to Vienna would love to hear your answer to this question.