What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Managua?
We asked expat moms who gave birth in Managua about their experiences and advice they have for other moms to be. They said...
"It is important to research the medical facilities available in Managua before having a baby. Make sure to find a doctor or midwife who is experienced in delivering babies and who speaks your language. It is also important to make sure that the medical facility is up to date with the latest medical technology and has the necessary equipment to handle any complications that may arise during the delivery. Additionally, it is important to be aware of the cultural norms and expectations surrounding childbirth in Nicaragua, such as the presence of a midwife or doula during the delivery. Finally, it is important to be prepared for the cost of having a baby in Managua, as medical costs can be high," remarked another expat in Managua, Nicaragua.
- What should I pack when moving to Managua?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Managua?
- Will I be able to find a job in Managua?
- What is life like in Managua?
- What do expats in Managua appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Managua?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Managua accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Managua like?
- What are healthcare services like in Managua?
- What are medical services in Managua like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Managua?
- What are emergency services like in Managua?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Managua?
- How are local medical facilities in Managua?
- As a foreigner living in Managua, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Managua?If you live in Managua, newcomers to Managua would love to hear your answer to this question.