What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?
When we asked what advice they have for others considering retiring abroad, they advised...
"Retiring abroad can be a great experience, and Vienna is a wonderful city to do it in. Make sure you do your research to understand the local culture, language and cost of living. As a retiree in Vienna, the best advice is to make sure you familiarise yourself with the city and its culture before making the move, so you can make the most of your time here. Be sure to take advantage of all the cultural activities Vienna has to offer and enjoy the beauty of the city. Make sure you make connections in the community, and take time to explore the surrounding areas so that you can get a complete sense of what it means to retire in Vienna," wrote a member who made the move to Vienna, Austria, Austria.
William Russell's private medical insurance will cover you and your family wherever you may be. Whether you need primary care or complex surgery, you'll have access to the best hospitals & doctors available. Unlike some insurers, we also include medical evacuation and mental health cover in our plans (except SilverLite). Get a quote from our partner, William Russell.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Vienna?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Vienna?
- Will I be able to find a job in Vienna?
- What is life like in Vienna?
- What do expats in Vienna appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Vienna?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Vienna accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Vienna like?
- What are healthcare services like in Vienna?
- What are medical services in Vienna like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Vienna?
- What are emergency services like in Vienna?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Vienna?
- How are local medical facilities in Vienna?
- As a foreigner living in Vienna, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What advice do overseas retirees have for others considering retiring abroad?If you live in Vienna, newcomers to Vienna would love to hear your answer to this question.