Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Geneva accepting of differences?
When we asked people about diversity in Geneva and whether locals are accepting of differences, they said...
"Geneva is a diverse city with a population made up of people from all over the world. The city is known for its acceptance of different cultures, religions, and lifestyles, and is home to a variety of ethnicities, languages, and nationalities. People in Geneva are generally welcoming and accepting of differences, and the city is a great place to live for those who value diversity and inclusion," commented one expat who made the move to Geneva, Switzerland.
"With the International Organizations in town there is an incredible amount of diversity. As noted by others here, it is difficult to meet the locals but I found them warm and hospitable on a one to one basis. They enjoy including their "exotics" (us) in their activities and we have been invited to family dinners, weddings and birthday partys over the years. If you are a francophobe though, you may have trouble. Learn a bit of French and you will have a totally different experience," remarked another expat in Geneva, Switzerland.
- What should I pack when moving to Geneva?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Geneva?
- Will I be able to find a job in Geneva?
- What is life like in Geneva?
- What do expats in Geneva appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Geneva?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Geneva accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Geneva like?
- What are healthcare services like in Geneva?
- What are medical services in Geneva like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Geneva?
- What are emergency services like in Geneva?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Geneva?
- How are local medical facilities in Geneva?
- As a foreigner living in Geneva, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Geneva accepting of differences?If you live in Geneva, newcomers to Geneva would love to hear your answer to this question.