Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Santo Domingo accepting of differences?
When we asked people about diversity in Santo Domingo and whether locals are accepting of differences, they said...
"Santo Domingoublic is a diverse city with a population that is made up of people from many different backgrounds. The city is home to people of African, European, and Indigenous descent, as well as people from other parts of the Caribbean and Latin America. People in Santo Domingo are generally accepting of differences and celebrate the diversity of their city," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic.
"Absolutely diverse, very different from where I am from. While the country is predominantly catholic - that doesn't stop a lot of "other" activity. The DR is racially divided, economically divided and very much a culture of who you know or who you are related to. It can make work and business difficult at the very least. Are they accepting of differences - not really but you learn to work around that," commented one expat who made the move to Santo Domingo, Dominican Rep.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Santo Domingo?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Santo Domingo?
- Will I be able to find a job in Santo Domingo?
- What is life like in Santo Domingo?
- What do expats in Santo Domingo appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Santo Domingo?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Santo Domingo accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Santo Domingo like?
- What are healthcare services like in Santo Domingo?
- What are medical services in Santo Domingo like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Santo Domingo?
- What are emergency services like in Santo Domingo?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Santo Domingo?
- How are local medical facilities in Santo Domingo?
- As a foreigner living in Santo Domingo, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Santo Domingo accepting of differences?If you live in Santo Domingo, newcomers to Santo Domingo would love to hear your answer to this question.