What should I pack when moving to Accra?
We asked people living in Accra to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Accra, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing that is appropriate for the hot and humid climate. Bring a few items of clothing that can be layered for cooler evenings. Make sure to bring a good pair of walking shoes, as well as a hat and sunglasses to protect you from the sun. Bring any necessary medications, as well as a first aid kit. Don't forget to pack any important documents, such as your passport and visa. Finally, make sure to bring a few items that will help you feel at home, such as photos, books, and music," explained one expat living in Accra, Ghana.
- What should I pack when moving to Accra?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Accra?
- Will I be able to find a job in Accra?
- What is life like in Accra?
- What do expats in Accra appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Accra?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Accra accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Accra like?
- What are healthcare services like in Accra?
- What are medical services in Accra like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Accra?
- What are emergency services like in Accra?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Accra?
- How are local medical facilities in Accra?
- As a foreigner living in Accra, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Accra?If you live in Accra, newcomers to Accra would love to hear your answer to this question.