What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
When we asked expats and global nomads in Austria about their experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system, they replied...
"The pandemic has had a significant impact on the healthcare system in Austria. The government has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of patients and healthcare workers, including the introduction of telemedicine services, increased testing capacity, and the implementation of contact tracing. In addition, the government has provided financial support to healthcare providers to help them cope with the increased demand for services. Despite these measures, the healthcare system has been under immense strain due to the pandemic, with long waiting times for appointments and a shortage of medical staff. Nevertheless, the healthcare system in Austria has been able to cope with the pandemic and provide quality care to those in need," wrote a member who made the move to Austria.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
"Hospitals conduct screenIng at the door prior to allowing entry for services, doctor's offices space out appointments and seating," explained one expat living in Lustenau, Austria.
- What should I pack when moving to Austria?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Austria?
- Will I be able to find a job in Austria?
- What is life like in Austria?
- What do expats in Austria appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Austria?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Austria accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Austria like?
- What are healthcare services like in Austria?
- What are medical services in Austria like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Austria?
- What are emergency services like in Austria?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Austria?
- How are local medical facilities in Austria?
- As a foreigner living in Austria, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?If you live in Austria, newcomers to Austria would love to hear your answer to this question: