15 Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Israel
Last updated on Jun 07, 2023
Summary: The quality of medical care in Israel is generally considered to be very high, with many of the country's hospitals and medical centers being world-renowned for their excellence. In comparison to the US, Israel has a much higher rate of doctors per capita, and the country is known for its advanced medical technology and research. Emergency services in Israel are very efficient and reliable, with ambulances being dispatched quickly and arriving on the scene in a timely manner. To call for an ambulance, you can dial the emergency number, 101, or the national emergency medical service number, 106.
How are healthcare services Israel?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Israel, they replied:
"Israel has a comprehensive healthcare system that provides a wide range of services to its citizens and foreign residents. The public healthcare system is funded by the government and is of high quality. It is available to all citizens and permanent residents, regardless of their income level. Foreign residents are also eligible for public healthcare services, although they may be required to pay a fee. Expats in Israel can use the public healthcare system by registering with the Ministry of Health and obtaining a health insurance card. This card allows them to access the same services as Israeli citizens, including primary care, specialist care, hospitalization, and prescription drugs," wrote one expat.
What are medical services in Israel like?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Israel?
- How do I find a place to live in Israel?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Israel?
- What is the average cost of housing in Israel?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Israel?
- What should I pack when moving to Israel?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Israel?
- Why do people move to Israel?
- How are healthcare services in Israel?
- What are medical services in Israel like?
- What are typical rents in Israel?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?