Pros and Cons of Living in Venezuela
Last updated on Apr 18, 2023
Summary: The pros of living in Venezuela include its diverse culture, beautiful landscapes, and its tropical climate. Additionally, the cost of living is relatively low, making it an attractive destination for those looking to stretch their budget. On the other hand, the cons of living in Venezuela include its high crime rate, political instability, and economic crisis. Additionally, the country has been facing shortages of basic goods and services, making it difficult for many Venezuelans to access the necessities of life.
What are the pros and cons of living in Venezuela?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Venezuela responded:
"Expats and digital nomads living in Venezuela often appreciate the country's vibrant culture, friendly people, and stunning natural beauty. They also enjoy the low cost of living, which allows them to stretch their budget further. On the other hand, they may find the political and economic instability in the country to be a challenge, as well as the lack of reliable internet access and other modern amenities. Additionally, the high crime rate and the difficulty of obtaining visas can be a deterrent for some," explained one expat living in Venezuela.
What do expats in Venezuela appreciate most about the local culture?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Venezuela?
- How do I find a place to live in Venezuela?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Venezuela?
- What is the average cost of housing in Venezuela?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Venezuela?
- What should I pack when moving to Venezuela?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Venezuela?
- Why do people move to Venezuela?
- How are healthcare services Venezuela?
- What are medical services in Venezuela like?
- What are typical rents in Venezuela?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?