Pros and Cons of Living in Slovenia
Last updated on Jun 09, 2023
Summary: The pros of living in Slovenia include its stunning natural beauty, with mountains, forests, and lakes, as well as its vibrant culture and friendly people. The country also has a strong economy and a high quality of life. Additionally, Slovenia is a safe and secure country with a low crime rate. On the other hand, the cost of living in Slovenia can be quite high, and the country is relatively small, so there may be fewer job opportunities than in larger countries.
What are the pros and cons of living in Slovenia?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Slovenia responded:
"Expats and digital nomads living in Slovenia appreciate the country's stunning natural beauty, with its mountains, lakes, and forests. They also enjoy the country's vibrant culture, with its many festivals, museums, and galleries. Additionally, they appreciate the low cost of living, with affordable housing and food. On the other hand, some expats and digital nomads may find the language barrier to be a challenge, as Slovenian is the official language. Additionally, the country's small size may make it difficult to find a wide variety of activities and entertainment," wrote one expat in Slovenia.
What do expats in Slovenia appreciate most about the local culture?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Slovenia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Slovenia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Slovenia?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Slovenia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Slovenia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Slovenia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Slovenia like?
- How are healthcare services Slovenia?
- What are medical services in Slovenia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Slovenia?
- What are emergency services like in Slovenia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Slovenia?
- How are local medical facilities in Slovenia?
- As a foreigner living in Slovenia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?