Cost of Living in Turkmenistan
Last updated on Mar 09, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Turkmenistan is generally considered to be quite low. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Turkmenistan can cost anywhere from $200 to $400 per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost from $400 to $600 per month. Dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Turkmenistan can cost anywhere from $10 to $20 per person.
Is the cost of living in Turkmenistan high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Turkmenistan, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Turkmenistan is generally considered to be relatively low compared to other countries. Basic necessities such as food, clothing, and transportation are generally affordable, and the cost of housing is also relatively low. However, the cost of imported goods and services can be quite expensive, and the cost of utilities can also be high," wrote a person living in Turkmenistan.
Will I save money living in Turkmenistan?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Turkmenistan?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Turkmenistan?
- Will I be able to find a job in Turkmenistan?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Turkmenistan appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Turkmenistan?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Turkmenistan accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Turkmenistan like?
- How are healthcare services Turkmenistan?
- What are medical services in Turkmenistan like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Turkmenistan?
- What are emergency services like in Turkmenistan?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Turkmenistan?
- How are local medical facilities in Turkmenistan?
- As a foreigner living in Turkmenistan, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?