Last updated on Apr 21, 2023
Summary: Penzance, UK is a picturesque seaside town with a mild climate and a relaxed atmosphere. Expats love the stunning scenery, the friendly locals, and the easy access to the rest of Cornwall. The weather in Penzance is mild, with average temperatures ranging from 41°F (5°C) in the winter to 68°F (20°C) in the summer. The average cost of living for an expat is estimated to be around $2,000 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $800 per month, while a two bedroom apartment is around $1,200 per month. The population of Penzance is 21,000.
What do I need to know about living in Penzance?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Penzance, they said:
"Penzance is a beautiful coastal town in Cornwall, UK, and is a popular destination for retirees. Before retiring in Penzance, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is higher than the UK average. It is also important to research the local healthcare system and the availability of medical services. Additionally, expats should be aware of the weather in Penzance, which can be unpredictable and can include strong winds and rain. Finally, expats should research the local culture and customs to ensure they are well-prepared for their new life in Penzance," wrote one member in Penzance.
What do I need to know before moving to Penzance?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to Penzance?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Penzance?
- Will I be able to find a job in Penzance?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in Penzance appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Penzance?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Penzance accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Penzance like?
- How are healthcare services in Penzance?
- What are medical services in Penzance like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Penzance?
- What are emergency services like in Penzance?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Penzance?
- How are local medical facilities in Penzance?
- As a foreigner living in Penzance, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?