Last updated on Apr 20, 2023
Summary: The approximate population of Bogor, Indonesia is 1.2 million people. People describe Bogor as a vibrant city with a rich cultural heritage and a great variety of attractions. Expats love living in Bogor for its friendly people, its vibrant nightlife, and its proximity to Jakarta. The weather in Bogor is generally warm and humid, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the mid-90s Fahrenheit (24-35 Celsius). The average cost of living for an expat is around $1,000-$1,500 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $400-$600 per month, and a two bedroom apartment is around $600-$800 per month.
What do I need to know about living in Bogor?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Bogor, they said:
"Before retiring in Bogor, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in other parts of the country. It is important to research the local healthcare system and ensure that adequate medical care is available. Expats should also be aware of the local culture and customs, and be prepared to adapt to the local way of life. Additionally, expats should research the local transportation options and ensure that they are able to get around the city easily. Finally, expats should be aware of the local climate and ensure that they are prepared for the hot and humid weather," remarked one expat living in Bogor, Indonesia.
What do I need to know before moving to Bogor?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Bogor?
- How do I find a place to live in Bogor?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Bogor?
- What is the average cost of housing in Bogor?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Bogor?
- What should I pack when moving to Bogor?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Bogor?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Bogor?
- What are healthcare services like in Bogor?
- Is the cost of living in Bogor high?
- Will I save money living in Bogor?
- Why do people move to Bogor?
- How are healthcare services in Bogor?
- What are medical services in Bogor like?