San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Last updated on Jul 13, 2023
Summary: The approximate population of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico is approximately 140,000 people. People describe San Miguel de Allende as a vibrant, colonial city with a rich cultural heritage. Expats love the city's vibrant art and music scene, its friendly people, and its beautiful colonial architecture. The weather in San Miguel de Allende is generally mild, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit (10-30 Celsius). The average cost of living for an expat is approximately $1,500-$2,000 USD per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is approximately $500-$700 USD per month, and the cost of a two bedroom apartment is approximately $700-$1,000 USD per month.
What do I need to know about living in San Miguel de Allende?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to San Miguel de Allende, they said:
"Before retiring in San Miguel de Allende, it is important to understand that Mexico has a different set of laws, customs, and lifestyle than other countries. Expats should research the cost of living and housing options in the area to make sure they have a comfortable retirement. They should also familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs, healthcare system, and where to find basic services such as groceries and banking. It may also be helpful to invest in Spanish classes or find a local guide to help show them around and understand the local way of life. Finally, expats should make sure they have the correct Mexican visa and documents before emigrating," remarked one expat living in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
What do I need to know before moving to San Miguel de Allende?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Expat Guide to San Miguel de Allende
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in San Miguel de Allende
- Cost of Living in San Miguel de Allende
- Health Care in San Miguel de Allende
- The Essential Guide to San Miguel de Allende
- 5 Tips for Living in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Mexico
- Best Places to Live in Mexico
- Tips for Expats Driving in Cabo San Lucas
- What It's Like Living in San Miguel de Allende
- Pros and Cons of Living in Mexico 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Mexico
- Members Talk about the Cost of Living in Mexico