Haarlem, The Netherlands
Last updated on Jul 10, 2023
Summary: Expats, digital nomads and retirees discuss what it is like to live in Haarlem, Netherlands: Cost of living, Finding a home, Meeting People and more.
What do I need to know about living in Haarlem?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Haarlem, they said:
"Hire a bicycle (at the train station or a bike shop) and look around - you can walk cycle thorough most of the town in an afternoon. Join a club to meet people. Take the initiative to meet neighbors. They may seem reserved at first, but all will appreciate the effort, and most will respond in time," said one expat who made the move to Haarlem.
What do I need to know before moving to Haarlem?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Haarlem?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Haarlem?
- What is the average cost of housing in Haarlem?
- How do I meet people in Haarlem?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Haarlem?
- What should I pack when moving to Haarlem?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Haarlem?
- Will I be able to find a job in Haarlem?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Haarlem?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Haarlem?
- What is the social scene like in Haarlem?
- What advice to expats in Haarlem have about housing?
- What are medical services in Haarlem like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Haarlem?
- Is the cost of living in Haarlem high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Haarlem?
- Why do people move to Haarlem?