Marinha Grande, Portugal
Last updated on Feb 05, 2024
Summary: The approximate population of Marinha Grande, Portugal is around 40,000 people. People describe Marinha Grande , Portugalas a small, coastal town with a laid-back atmosphere and a strong sense of community. Expats love the relaxed lifestyle, the friendly locals, and the beautiful beaches. The weather in Marinha Grande, Portugal is mild and temperate, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to the mid-70s Fahrenheit. The average cost of living in Marinha Grande, Portugal for an expat is around $1,500 per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $500 per month, and a two bedroom apartment is around $700 per month.
What do I need to know about living in Marinha Grande?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Marinha Grande, they said:
"It is basically an industrial town, so I do not live around Central. 20 minutes to Sao Pedro do Moel, which is a nice village on coast. Gets cold in winter months, amount of rain is okay," wrote a member in Marinha Grande.
"Before retiring in Marinha Grande, Portugal, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in other parts of Europe. They should also research the local healthcare system and the availability of medical services. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs, as well as the Portuguese language. It is also important to research the local job market and the availability of housing. Finally, expats should make sure to obtain the necessary visas and permits before moving to Marinha Grande," commented one expat who made the move to Marinha Grande .
What do I need to know before moving to Marinha Grande?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Marinha Grande?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Marinha Grande?
- What is the average cost of housing in Marinha Grande?
- How do I meet people in Marinha Grande?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Marinha Grande?
- What should I pack when moving to Marinha Grande?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Marinha Grande?
- Will I be able to find a job in Marinha Grande?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Marinha Grande?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Marinha Grande?
- What is the social scene like in Marinha Grande?
- What advice to expats in Marinha Grande have about housing?
- What are medical services in Marinha Grande like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Marinha Grande?
- Is the cost of living in Marinha Grande high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Marinha Grande?
- Why do people move to Marinha Grande?