Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Florence, Italy
Last updated on Apr 20, 2023
Summary: The quality of medical care in Florence, Italy is generally considered to be on par with the United States. Florence is home to several hospitals and clinics, including the Careggi University Hospital, the Meyer Children's Hospital, the Santa Maria Nuova Hospital, and the San Giovanni di Dio Hospital. Additionally, there are numerous private clinics and medical centers throughout the city. Emergency services in Florence are provided by the Fire Department, and an ambulance can be called by dialing the emergency number 112.
How are healthcare services Florence?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Florence, they replied:
"Florence is home to a wide variety of healthcare services. The city is home to a number of public and private hospitals, as well as a number of specialized clinics and medical centers. The city also has a number of pharmacies, providing both prescription and over-the-counter medications. Additionally, Florence is home to a number of medical professionals, including general practitioners, specialists, and nurses. The city also has a number of medical research centers, providing the latest in medical technology and treatments. Finally, Florence is home to a number of health insurance providers, allowing residents to access the healthcare services they need," mentioned one expat in Florence.
What are medical services in Florence like?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Florence?
- How do I find a place to live in Florence?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Florence?
- What is the average cost of housing in Florence?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Florence?
- What should I pack when moving to Florence?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Florence?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Florence?
- What are healthcare services like in Florence?
- Is the cost of living in Florence high?
- Will I save money living in Florence?
- Why do people move to Florence?
- How are healthcare services in Florence?
- What are medical services in Florence like?