San Carlos, Mexico
Last updated on Apr 06, 2023
Summary: Expats, digital nomads and retirees discuss what it is like to live in San Carlos, Mexico: Cost of living, Finding a home, Meeting People and more.
What are the pros and cons of living in San Carlos?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in San Carlos responded:
"San Carlos, Sonora. It is still in the 'free zone' and 3 hours from US at Nogales. Tucson is then close for a larger town. Many gringos leave in the summer but this is a vacation destination for the mid to upper class Mexicans. Weekends and summer is busy here with those on holiday. There are many gift shop who maybe you could sell to until and if you got a status to have a business location. Costco 1 hour away in Hermosillo. Hot and humid in summer like all locations on the water. It is said 70% snowbird north in the summer. I have no problems with the heat. Finding a place that has it all does not exist or everyone would only live there. Prioritize is the key," said one expat in living in San Carlos, Mexico.
What do I need to know about living in San Carlos?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What should I pack when moving to San Carlos?
- Where should I setup a bank account in San Carlos?
- Will I be able to find a job in San Carlos?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do expats in San Carlos appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in San Carlos?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in San Carlos accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in San Carlos like?
- How are healthcare services in San Carlos?
- What are medical services in San Carlos like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in San Carlos?
- What are emergency services like in San Carlos?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in San Carlos?
- How are local medical facilities in San Carlos?
- As a foreigner living in San Carlos, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?