Cost of Living in Panama City, Panama
Last updated on Feb 16, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Panama City, Panama is generally considered to be quite affordable. A nice 1 bedroom apartment in Panama City can cost anywhere from $500 to $1,000 per month in US Dollars, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment can cost anywhere from $800 to $1,500 per month in US Dollars. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Panama City can range from $10 to $20 per person in US Dollars.
Is the cost of living in Panama City high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Panama City, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Panama City is generally considered to be quite affordable. Groceries, transportation, and utilities are all relatively inexpensive compared to other cities in the region. Rent prices can vary depending on the area, but are generally lower than in other major cities. Eating out is also relatively affordable, with many restaurants offering meals for a fraction of the cost of similar restaurants in other countries," said one person in Panama City.
Will I save money living in Panama City?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Panama City?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Panama City?
- What is the average cost of housing in Panama City?
- How do I meet people in Panama City?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Panama City?
- What should I pack when moving to Panama City?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Panama City?
- Will I be able to find a job in Panama City?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Panama City?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Panama City?
- What is the social scene like in Panama City?
- What advice to expats in Panama City have about housing?
- What are medical services in Panama City like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Panama City?
- Is the cost of living in Panama City high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Panama City?
- Why do people move to Panama City?