Real Estate in Riga, Latvia
Last updated on Feb 05, 2023
Summary: The average cost of a nice 2 bedroom home in Riga, Latvia is around €150,000, while a nice 3 bedroom home is around €200,000. These properties typically include modern amenities such as central heating, air conditioning, and modern appliances. Some may also include a balcony or terrace. There are no restrictions on foreign ownership for properties in Riga. Expats should search for a home to buy in Riga by using online real estate portals such as City24.lv or by contacting a local real estate agent. The most desirable neighborhoods in Riga include the Old Town, the Central District, and the Quiet Center. These areas are known for their historic architecture, vibrant culture, and convenient access to amenities.
How do I find a place to live in Riga?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered:
"One of the best ways to find a place to live in Riga is to use online rental websites such as Airbnb, Booking.com, or HomeAway. These websites offer a variety of rental options, from apartments to houses, and can provide detailed information about the location, amenities, and cost of each property. Additionally, you can search for rental properties on local real estate websites such as City24.lv or Arco.lv. These websites provide listings of available properties in Riga, Latvia, and can help you find the perfect place to live," said one expat in Riga.
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Riga?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Riga?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Riga?
- What is the average cost of housing in Riga?
- How do I meet people in Riga?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Riga?
- What should I pack when moving to Riga?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Riga?
- Will I be able to find a job in Riga?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Riga?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Riga?
- What is the social scene like in Riga?
- What advice to expats in Riga have about housing?
- What are medical services in Riga like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Riga?
- Is the cost of living in Riga high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Riga?
- Why do people move to Riga?