What do expats find most challenging?
We asked expats and digital nomads what they find the most challenging about the local culture in Copenhagen. They wrote...
"Expats in Copenhagen often find the language barrier to be one of the most challenging aspects of the local culture. Danish is the official language of Denmark, and while many Danes are able to speak English, it can be difficult for expats to fully integrate into the culture without a good understanding of the language. Additionally, the cost of living in Copenhagen is quite high, making it difficult for expats to adjust to the local economy. Finally, the Danish culture is known for its reserved and formal nature, which can be difficult for expats to adjust to, especially those coming from more outgoing cultures," wrote a member who made the move to Copenhagen, Denmark.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"Definitely the closed off vibes that I got in general from the culture, it will be hard especially if you are loud and outgoing. There is hardly variety here, the same trends and produce and people, little multiculturalism," explained one expat living in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Copenhagen?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Copenhagen?
- Will I be able to find a job in Copenhagen?
- What is life like in Copenhagen?
- What do expats in Copenhagen appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Copenhagen?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Copenhagen accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Copenhagen like?
- What are healthcare services like in Copenhagen?
- What are medical services in Copenhagen like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Copenhagen?
- What are emergency services like in Copenhagen?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Copenhagen?
- How are local medical facilities in Copenhagen?
- As a foreigner living in Copenhagen, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do expats find most challenging?If you live in Copenhagen, newcomers to Copenhagen would love to hear your answer to this question.