Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Altea?
When we asked expats in Altea if healthcare and health insurance are expensive in Altea, they wrote...
"Healthcare and health insurance in Altea can be expensive, depending on the type of coverage and services required. Generally, public healthcare is free for those who are registered as a resident in Spain, while private healthcare can be costly. Health insurance is also available, but it is not mandatory. Premiums for health insurance can vary depending on the type of coverage and the provider," explained one expat living in Altea, Spain.
We've partnered with Homelike, to connect expats and newcomers with temporary accommodations in Spain. If you're moving to Spain, rent a short-term, furnished apartment or home for the first few months from Homelike and take your time figuring out the best place to live in Spain.
"My policy costs 1017 Euros or about $1109 annually. It can also be paid monthly through a bank deduction. There is no co-pay, which is the requirement for the Spanish visa, so most treatment is included, but not prescriptions or outside consultation," said another expat in Altea, Spain.
- What should I pack when moving to Altea?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Altea?
- Will I be able to find a job in Altea?
- What is life like in Altea?
- What do expats in Altea appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Altea?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Altea accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Altea like?
- What are healthcare services like in Altea?
- What are medical services in Altea like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Altea?
- What are emergency services like in Altea?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Altea?
- How are local medical facilities in Altea?
- As a foreigner living in Altea, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Altea?If you live in Altea, newcomers to Altea would love to hear your answer to this question: