15 Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Vietnam
Last updated on Mar 10, 2023
Summary: The quality of medical care in Vietnam is generally considered to be good, although it may not be on par with the medical care available in the United States. Emergency services are available in most major cities, and ambulances can be called by dialing 115. However, it is important to note that the response time may be slower than in the US, and the quality of care may not be as high.
How are healthcare services Vietnam?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Vietnam, they replied:
"If you have a serious issue, travel to Bangkok or, Singapore for medical care. In Da Nang, there is a woman at the Pasteur Clinic who can treat women's issues but, I would go to BKK for more urgent/serious issues," said an expat in Da Nang.
"I don't have experience with a hospital stay, so I cannot give an opinion on that topic," commented one expat living in Da Nang, Vietnam.
What are medical services in Vietnam like?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- Vietnam Guide
- Healthcare & Health Insurance in Vietnam
- Members Talk about Healthcare & Health Insurance in Vietnam
- Best Places to Live in Vietnam
- Guide to Real Estate in Vietnam
- Pros & Cons of Living in Vietnam
- Cost of Living in Vietnam
- 10 Things to Know Before Moving to Vietnam
- Buying a Home in Vietnam
- Pros and Cons of Living in Vietnam
- Zika Virus in Vietnam
- 2023 Guide to Living in Vietnam
- Pros and Cons of Living in Vietnam 2023
- 2023 Guide to Moving to Vietnam