Cost of Living in Vietnam
Last updated on Feb 21, 2023
Summary: The cost of living in Vietnam is generally quite affordable. A nice one bedroom apartment in Vietnam can cost anywhere from $400 to $800 per month, while a nice two bedroom apartment can cost from $600 to $1,200 per month. The cost of dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Vietnam is usually around $10 to $15 per person.
Is the cost of living in Vietnam high?
We asked people how much they someone comfortably live on in Vietnam, they wrote:
"The cost of living in Vietnam is relatively low compared to many other countries. Basic groceries, transportation, and utilities are generally inexpensive while rent and dining costs are somewhat higher. Restaurant prices, along with the cost of services such as haircuts and massages, are also quite reasonable. Generally speaking, the cost of living in Vietnam is significantly lower than that of Western nations," explained one expat living in Vietnam.
Will I save money living in Vietnam?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Vietnam?
- How do I find a place to live in Vietnam?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Vietnam?
- What is the average cost of housing in Vietnam?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Vietnam?
- What should I pack when moving to Vietnam?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Vietnam?
- Why do people move to Vietnam?
- How are healthcare services in Vietnam?
- What are medical services in Vietnam like?
- What are typical rents in Vietnam?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?