Austin, the United States
Last updated on May 05, 2023
Summary: The population of Austin, TX is estimated to be around 2.2 million people. People love living in Austin for its vibrant culture, diverse population, and abundance of outdoor activities. There are plenty of activities for residents in Austin, such as live music, outdoor recreation, and a variety of festivals. The weather in Austin is generally mild and sunny, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s in the winter to the mid-90s in the summer. The average cost of living for a family in Austin is around $3,500 per month. The cost of a three bedroom home is around $400,000, while a four bedroom home is around $500,000. The best neighborhoods to live in Austin are Zilker, Barton Hills, and Tarrytown. These neighborhoods offer a variety of amenities, such as parks, restaurants, and shopping. They are also close to downtown Austin, making them convenient for commuters.
What do I need to know about living in Austin?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Austin, they said:
"Before retiring in Austin, expats should be aware of the city's hot and humid climate. Summers can be especially hot and humid, so it is important to be prepared with air conditioning and other cooling measures. Expats should also be aware of the cost of living in Austin, which is higher than the national average. Additionally, expats should research the city's neighborhoods to find the best fit for their lifestyle. Austin is known for its vibrant music and arts scene, so expats should take advantage of the many cultural activities available. Finally, expats should be aware of the city's traffic, which can be congested during peak hours," remarked one expat living in Austin, the United States.
What do I need to know before moving to Austin?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Austin?
- How do I find a place to live in Austin?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Austin?
- What is the average cost of housing in Austin?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Austin?
- What should I pack when moving to Austin?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Austin?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Austin?
- What are healthcare services like in Austin?
- Is the cost of living in Austin high?
- Will I save money living in Austin?
- Why do people move to Austin?
- How are healthcare services in Austin?
- What are medical services in Austin like?