Last updated on May 04, 2023
Summary: The approximate population of Piedmont, Italy is 4,360,000. People describe Piedmont as a region of northern Italy that is known for its stunning landscapes, rich culture, and delicious cuisine. Expats love living in Piedmont for its beautiful countryside, friendly locals, and excellent quality of life. The weather in Piedmont is generally mild, with temperatures ranging from the mid-30s to the mid-70s Fahrenheit (1-24 Celsius). The average cost of living in Piedmont for an expat is around $1,500-$2,000 USD per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is around $600-$800 USD per month, and a two bedroom apartment is around $800-$1,200 USD per month.
What do I need to know about living in Piedmont?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Piedmont, they said:
"Before retiring in Piedmont, expats should familiarize themselves with the local language, as many people in the region speak Italian. Additionally, expats should research the cost of living in the area, as well as the availability of healthcare and other services. It is also important to understand the local culture and customs, as well as the climate and weather patterns. Finally, expats should consider the availability of transportation, as well as the proximity of airports and other transportation hubs," explained one expat living in Piedmont, Italy.
What do I need to know before moving to Piedmont?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Piedmont?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Piedmont?
- What is the average cost of housing in Piedmont?
- How do I meet people in Piedmont?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Piedmont?
- What should I pack when moving to Piedmont?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Piedmont?
- Will I be able to find a job in Piedmont?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Piedmont?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Piedmont?
- What is the social scene like in Piedmont?
- What advice to expats in Piedmont have about housing?
- What are medical services in Piedmont like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Piedmont?
- Is the cost of living in Piedmont high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Piedmont?
- Why do people move to Piedmont?