Lake Chapala, Mexico
Last updated on Apr 22, 2023
Summary: The approximate population of Lake Chapala, Mexico is around 200,000 people. People describe Lake Chapala as a peaceful and picturesque lake surrounded by lush vegetation and mountains. Expats love living in Lake Chapala because of its low cost of living, friendly locals, and year-round warm weather. The weather in Lake Chapala is typically warm and sunny, with temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit. The average cost of living in Lake Chapala for an expat is around $1,500 to $2,000 USD per month. The cost of a one bedroom apartment is typically around $400 to $600 USD per month, while a two bedroom apartment is around $500 to $800 USD per month.
What do I need to know about living in Lake Chapala?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Lake Chapala, they said:
"Don't let the media scare you away. If you are not involved in the drug business, you most likely will not be in trouble. There is a presence of police and military here, but we're also hosting the Pan Am games this year," said one expat in Lake Chapala.
What do I need to know before moving to Lake Chapala?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Lake Chapala?
- How do I find a place to live in Lake Chapala?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Lake Chapala?
- What is the average cost of housing in Lake Chapala?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Lake Chapala?
- What should I pack when moving to Lake Chapala?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Lake Chapala?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Lake Chapala?
- What are healthcare services like in Lake Chapala?
- Is the cost of living in Lake Chapala high?
- Will I save money living in Lake Chapala?
- Why do people move to Lake Chapala?
- How are healthcare services in Lake Chapala?
- What are medical services in Lake Chapala like?