Expats Talk about Health Insurance and Healthcare in Merida, Mexico
Last updated on Mar 17, 2023
Summary: There are several hospitals and clinics in Merida, Mexico, including Hospital General de Merida, Hospital de Especialidades, and Hospital de la Mujer. Emergency services in Merida are generally reliable and ambulances can be called by dialing 066. The quality of medical care in Merida is generally comparable to that of the United States, though some specialized treatments may not be available.
How are healthcare services Merida?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Merida, they replied:
"Merida offers a wide range of healthcare services for its citizens. The city has a number of public and private hospitals, clinics, and medical centers that provide a variety of medical services, including general and specialized care. Merida also has a number of pharmacies and laboratories that provide access to medications and diagnostic tests. Additionally, the city has a number of health centers that provide preventive care, such as vaccinations and health screenings. Merida also has a number of specialized medical centers that provide specialized care, such as cancer treatment, fertility treatments, and mental health services," commented one expat who moved to Merida.
What are medical services in Merida like?
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Merida?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Merida?
- What is the average cost of housing in Merida?
- How do I meet people in Merida?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Merida?
- What should I pack when moving to Merida?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Merida?
- Will I be able to find a job in Merida?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Merida?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Merida?
- What is the social scene like in Merida?
- What advice to expats in Merida have about housing?
- What are medical services in Merida like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Merida?
- Is the cost of living in Merida high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Merida?
- Why do people move to Merida?