Pros and Cons of Living in Cartago
Last updated on Jul 01, 2023
Summary: The pros of living in Cartago, Colombia include its close proximity to the capital city of Bogotá, its temperate climate, and its vibrant culture. Additionally, Cartago is known for its excellent healthcare system and its low cost of living. On the other hand, the cons of living in Cartago include its high crime rate, its lack of public transportation, and its limited job opportunities.
What are the pros and cons of living in Cartago?
Expats, digital nomads and retirees living in Cartago responded:
"Expats and digital nomads living in Cartago appreciate the city's laid-back atmosphere and its proximity to the capital city of Bogotá. They also enjoy the city's affordability, with low cost of living and plenty of affordable housing options. Additionally, Cartago is known for its friendly locals and its vibrant cultural scene, with plenty of festivals and events to enjoy. On the downside, Cartago can be quite hot and humid, and the city's infrastructure is not as developed as other cities in Colombia," remarked one expat in Cartago.
What do expats in Cartago appreciate most about the local culture?
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.
- What do I need to know before moving to Cartago?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Cartago?
- What is the average cost of housing in Cartago?
- How do I meet people in Cartago?
- What do I need to know before retiring in Cartago?
- What should I pack when moving to Cartago?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Cartago?
- Will I be able to find a job in Cartago?
- What is life like as an expat in your area?
- What do people like (and dislike) about Cartago?
- What type of social life can someone expect in Cartago?
- What is the social scene like in Cartago?
- What advice to expats in Cartago have about housing?
- What are medical services in Cartago like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Cartago?
- Is the cost of living in Cartago high?
- What are the visa & residency requirements in Cartago?
- Why do people move to Cartago?