Retire in Cambridge, England
Last updated on Jan 21, 2023
Summary: What is it like to retire in Cambridge, UK? Retirees share their experiences living in Cambridge.
How do I meet people in Cambridge?
When we asked people living in Cambridge about club and activities where newcomers can meet others, they responded:
"I joined a gym to attend classes. I find this is a good way to meet people of my own age. I tend to go when people are at work and go to classes which are targeted at people my age. I also have gotten involved in church activities," said a retiree who moved to Cambridge, UK.
What is life like in Cambridge?
When we asked people living in Cambridge what life is like and how people spend their time, they said:
"Cambridge is a university city and has a different feel than probably others parts of the UK. Cycling is a big thing here. Not just weekend riding but cycling to work. It is also popular with tourists so they play a big part of economy for this area. We don't socialize that much at pubs but have made a few friends whose houses we go to for meals," said a retiree who moved to Cambridge, UK.
What do I need to know before retiring in Cambridge?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Cambridge, they said:
"I would tell them to either buy a bike or rely on public transportation. Parking and car ownership in and around the city can be expensive and frustrating. I would also say expect to spend more on housing here as it is a city in demand," explained a retiree in Cambridge.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
- What do I need to know before moving to Cambridge?
- How do I find a place to live in Cambridge?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Cambridge?
- What is the average cost of housing in Cambridge?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Cambridge?
- What should I pack when moving to Cambridge?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Cambridge?
- What advice do you have for expats having a baby in Cambridge?
- What are healthcare services like in Cambridge?
- Is the cost of living in Cambridge high?
- Will I save money living in Cambridge?
- Why do people move to Cambridge?
- How are healthcare services Cambridge?
- What are medical services in Cambridge like?